American Power Conversion provides protection against many of the primary causes of data loss, hardware damage and downtime. Founded in 1981, APC is a leading provider of global, end-to-end AC and DC-based back-up power products and services, which include surge suppressors, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), power conditioning equipment, power management software, and DC power systems as well as precision cooling equipment, and professional and consulting services for Nonstop Networking™. APC, known for Legendary Reliability™, sets the standard for quality, innovation and support for power protection solutions from desktop systems to data center operations to entire facilities. Its comprehensive solutions, which are designed for both home and corporate environments, improve the manageability, availability and performance of sensitive electronic, network, communication and industrial equipment of all sizes.
APC sets itself apart from the competition in several ways:
- Global one-stop solutions – APC provides worldwide access to “best-of-breed” offerings;
- Financial strength – APC’s financial strength makes it an attractive partner;
- Efficient manufacturing – APC provides high quality products to customers worldwide;
- Innovative product offerings – APC designs solutions to address “real” customer needs.
APC’s Corporate Mission/Strategy
The mission of APC is to create delighted customers by improving the manageability, availability, and performance of information and communication systems through rapid development and delivery of innovative solutions to real customer problems.
APC’s formula for success has included the following ingredients:
- Design for reliability – In today’s business where downtime can cost companies thousands of dollars per minute, reliability is everything;
- Only enter markets where APC can lead – Our high standards for return on investment demand success;
- Offer highly differentiated, end-to-end solutions with compelling price/performance – APC takes pride in its innovative product offering, which provides customers with a global one-stop shop for power protection and management solutions;
- Educate the market on the need for power protection – Given that an IBM study determined that the typical computer is subject to more than 120 power problems per month, reliable power protection is a necessity;
- Develop partnerships for reliability – In an effort to enhance system and network availability, many of the IT industry’s leading companies partner with APC because they realize how power problems impact productivity and feed customer perception of poor product performance; and
- Strive for 100% channel and customer satisfaction – APC’s research and development is driven by “real” customer needs. With so many of APC’s customers doing repeat business, 100% satisfaction is essential.